The role: Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will be responsible for providing marketing analytics support along with helping build predictive analytics models to effectively measure marketing ROI and predict customer behavior. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to implement analytical solutions that will help provide key marketing stakeholders access to insights and analyses in a timely manner. You will balance multiple predictive analytics efforts and help deliver insights with innovative problem solving methods. You will also present recommendations for effective user acquisition/retention strategies to key marketing/business stakeholders.
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets.
- Be able to build products based on predictive/ prescriptive analytical frameworks that best factor the requirements from internal stakeholders and deliver impactful results in a highly automated fashion
- Design experiments to test the validity of hypotheses.
- Develop presentations to communicate to internal stakeholders and where needed to the marketing team
- Collaborate with other analysts/data scientists and help guide the marketing acquisition/engagement strategy based on learning from other analyses/projects across the organization
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Math, Engineering, Economics, Sciences, Operations Research, etc.).
- 3-5 years previous experience, ideally in marketing/consumer analytics
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning, probability theory, statistics, and algorithms
- Experience working in offshore analytics teams preferred.
- Motivated, independent, organized, proactive, highly responsive, flexible and adaptable when working across multiple teams
- Must have the drive to learn and master new data- access, manipulation and transformation platforms.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Should have a passion to turn data into meaningful insights that drive action
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to both technical and business audiences
- Analytical toolset including a basic understanding of statistics (time series analysis, cluster analysis, multivariate analysis)
- Experience with predictive modeling, forecasting, and segmentation analysis
- Strong experience working with R/Python is a must
- Strong SQL skills; comfortable using various data access tools.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems and concepts
- Experience working with Excel and BI platforms such as Tableau or DOMO.
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or others is preferred
- Familiarity with multi-channel attribution platforms (Convertro, VisualIQ, Adometry or Adobe Data Workbench).
- Familiarity with SEO analytics a plus
- Familiarity with Agile platforms like Jira, Confluence a plus